Wednesday, March 19, 2008

#6- How Unpoetic

The first thing that came to my mind is summer. Everyday when I wake up I look out the window hoping that it will be a sunny day out or more warm than it has been in the last 4 months. Living through the Minnesota winters is pretty hard for me because I am for sure not a winter person at all and I absolutley hate coldness. All I wait for is summer, all the time. When it is cold and gloomy outside it almost makes me moody, sad, and lazy. When it is hot out and sunny I feel energetic and not lazy at all. The summer is always on my mind because I will have a job then and then I will be able to have more money for myself! With more money comes new clothes and bigger and better things! The other thing that I love about summer is that I get to go up to my cabin in Brainard. The best thing about my cabin is that I can go swimming, skiiing, tubing, jet skiing, and bascially jsut sit back and relax (tan). Another thing about summer that is awesome is that it is always warm! I am a weird person and for some reason am really cold blooded. In the winter I sleep with about 6 blankets , slipper socks, a heater thing in my bed, and sweats on. When it comes to summer I dont have to worry about wearing layers of clothes jsut to stay warm. Instead I sleep better because I am always warm! One thing that I really love about summer is that you get to drive with your window down!! This is the best thing ever, i seriously just love it so much. Lastly, the thing about summer is that on summer nights, everynight is like a weekend night because there is no school so you get to go out everynight and wear tank tops and shorts!

3 comments:

siena said...

I like how you always write about summer, you must be sooooo excited for it! Hah I can just imagine you sitting inside thinking about how much you wish winter would go away and want summer. Going to your cabin sounds so fun and going in the water and jetskiing... ahh I wish it was summer!

Lindsey said...

Adele, you are obsessed with summer. I love it haha. Summer is the best thing in the world! It makes me happy, too. I'm sad I'm not working at the pool this summer with you again! You will have a lot of fun.

kelsey said...

I LOVE summer!! no school, sunshine and sleeping in! Gosh, that sounds so amazing right now. I do not like the coldness, however I like when the seasons change. It seems like it passes time or marks the change in time. But yeah, I sleep with five tie blankets and slipper socks too!